Needles, Wool, Mistakes, Advice and the One Tip - Made By Aimee (Needle Felt Birds)
1. What are your favourite needles to use?
My favourite needles are 38 gauge triangle.
2. What is your favourite type of wool to work with?
My favourite wool is your NZ wool in the 100s of different colours you do. Mostly natural colours for birds but the occasional bright one, such as for kingfishers.
3. What is the worst piece of advice you keep hearing for needle felters?
The worst piece of advice I hear is using different needles for different stages of the creation. I use the same needles throughout the process and that works for me.
4. What common mistakes do people make when they start out?
The common mistake people make when starting out is being unhappy with their first attempt and giving up. It all takes practice and patience so keep going!
5. What is the one thing a beginner could learn today that would make a difference to their work?
Mix colours together using dog brushes, and this will help them achieve just the right shade they want.