Needles, Wool, Mistakes, Advice and the One Tip - Bruce Dobson
1. What are your favourite needles to use?
I use mostly cheap needle, bought on eBay for most of basic shaping, then a 38 twisted for final detail.
2. What is your favourite type of wool to work with?
I like carded batts of Corriedale or Shetland.
3. What is the worst piece of advice you keep hearing for needle felters?
Worst advice is to use Merino for sculptural work.
4. What common mistakes do people make when they start out?
Common mistake is to stab too hard and deep. Also use too much wool.
5. What is the one thing a beginner could learn today that would make a difference to their work?
Patience, practice, use a little wool at a time and build up gradually